Recycled cushions that smell of the countryside!

Cushions everywhere just waiting to be stuffed with sheeps wool.  It's been  a bit of a learning curve with the felting and rope making.  It took me several attempts to get the ropes to a standard that I was happy with but I got there in the end.  I have a desire to make flowers.  This seems to be a popular choice with many.  I did sucumb, as you will see from the pictures but there are some flowerless shapes too.  The cushions, I make, are stuffed with Cornish organic wool and are so soft.  You can smell the lanolin in them.  I gave one to a prosepective buyer once and she inhaled deeply with her eyes closed and said "Mmm, I smell the countryside.  It's gorgeous"!
A sneaky peek at my next batch of recycled cushions

Comments

  1. Wow! these are gorgeous! I have been dying to have a go at felting jumpers but seem to have been given about 20 acrylic ones!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JuicyFig, charity shops and car boots are where you will find the real wool jumpers. They need to contain at least 80% wool if you want them to felt properly.
    Thanks for the lovely compliments. Gratefully received!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment